Senior Business Architect
Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. Document requirements define scope and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies.
In-depth understanding of telecommunications operator business process. Familiar with OSS and BSS systems and functions and how these relate to operator processes.
- Assess and qualify B2B and B2C demands in terms of business outcomes and business benefits expected, aligning business and technology strategies, roadmap, priorities and dependencies
- Work closely with project and demand management, technology and business operations stakeholders to align objectives and expectations, to plan for improvements or enhancements, to identify and mitigate risks.
- Translate business requirements into systems qualities and thence into repeatable design strategies and patterns that enable those qualities.
- Analyze and produce Impact Assessment and Technology Feasibility, Gap Assessment, Solution Options and/or approach deliverables.
- Capture, collect, analyze, enrich business and technical requirements for system or solution including but not limited to; business data models, use cases, functional and non-functional requirements, customer journeys, processes etc. as required to articulate and elaborate on the business need.
- Good level of Business Communication / Acumen – having the ability to translate complex issues into business terms.
- Document and maintain requirements, processes, procedures and the traceability of requirements across all process and procedures.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures.
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Validate resource requirements and develop cost estimate models.
- Conduct and coordinate financial, product, market, operational and related research to support strategic and business planning within the various departments and programs involved.
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making.
- Perform regular reviews and analyses of current processes using operational metrics and reports.
- Understand and communicate operational impact of any changes; business and technology.
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations. Actively participate in the implementation of approved changes.
- Create informative, actionable and repeatable reporting that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct insightful, ad hoc analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time operational issues.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE And ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE
- 12 years-experience in telecommunications operator or industry systems integrator.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and proven track record on the requested role.
- A comprehensive understanding of telecommunications Operator business processes; Technology, B2B/B2C and Supporting Functions.
- A comprehensive understanding of Mobile, Fixed line, broadband and internet service offerings.
- Relationship Building with stakeholders and user communities.
- In-depth experience of requirement capture, maintenance and mapping methodologies.
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational.
- Ability to document requirements an unambiguous manner.
- Detail oriented, analytical and inquisitive by nature.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Extremely organized with strong time-management skills.
- Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environment and support to manage multiple parallel complex initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Understanding of OSS and BSS functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Telecommunications
- An understanding of Software Design methodology and Software Development Process Lifecycle.
- TOGAF 9 certification demonstrating knowledge in Enterprise Architecture / Business Architecture concepts & skills is considered a plus.
- Good cultural awareness and past experience working in the Middle-East is considered a plus.