Introduction The Qatar IT FORUM is a body managed by IT industry experts based in Qatar. The idea behind forming the Forum was to bring all IT professionals in Qatar on one social platform for the exchange of ideas, experiences and opinions. Subsequent meetings will be held to incorporate participation of members from all companies who are interested in building networks and socializing with IT professionals. H.E. Sheikh Sultan bin Jassim Al Thani is the Chairman and Mr. Fawad Rana is the Vice-chairman of Qatar IT Forum. Click on the below headings to find out more.
Qatar IT Forum strongly supports the following values – Leadership of Qataris in the IT services market in Qatar, responsibility towards Qatar, co-existence with expats while maintaining the integrity of Qatar business practices.
Aims and Objectives
Qatar IT Forum is a community of forward looking professionals directly or indirectly associated with the information technology industry. The primary aims and objectives of the Forum are:
- To act as a bridge between Qataris and Expatriates in the information technology sector.
- To promote Qatar IT and IT enabled services to all the sectors in Qatar.
- To support all companies in reaching out to prospective customers or partners in Qatar.
- Facilitate enhanced association and collaboration between all IT Professionals in the field of information technology.
- To build an online database/directory of members who can use the Forum as a platform to reach out to each other.
- To hold lectures, discussions, seminars, open forums and so forth on subjects related to information technology.
- To make periodic presentations about the current status of the IT industry.
- To provide members with a meeting ground for the exchange of ideas and information, and to foster the spirit of co-operative effort and the sharing of experience and technical know-how.
- To enlighten IT professionals and business decision makers on the current issues of IT and the ways of deploying leading edge technologies so as to enhance the competitive advantages of their organisations.
- To publish and distribute newsletters, technical papers and so forth so that members may keep abreast of the advances in IT.